Developer & Writer
Hi, my name is Paul Bradley. I’ve spent the last thirty plus years developing software for a wide variety of organisations. I’m currently working on becoming a full time independent technical author.
I’ve already wrote a concise ebook on using XML with SQL server which is available on Smashwords, iBooks & Kobo.
I’m currently working on a book proposal for a parent friendly guide to teaching your child basic coding skills while having fun creating music using a programmable synth.
When not working I like to be outside doing something active. Anything from cycling to skiing, from climbing to rafting.
A the start of 2019 I made a commitment to write a technical column every two weeks. The column is called Eloquent Code and will cover many areas of software development and Linux server maintenance.
- #005, 07.04.2019 Checking if a Go program is running within a Docker
- #004, 04.04.2019 Programmatically closing open files, Windows
- #003, 15.02.2019 Publishing a book with LaTex & LuLu
- #002, 21.01.2019 Using AI to comprehend unstructured clinical documents
- #001, 07.01.2019 Uploading files to AWS S3 using Go
In February I started writing short stories while sat waiting to pick my sons up from swimming. So far I’ve written two that I’m prepared to share. Adam and Air Hotel 3000.