* this site is going through a re-design, some pages will look funky for a while.
Hi, my name is Paul Bradley. I’ve spent thirty years developing software for a wide variety of organisations. I plan to create and post motivational and educational content for developers on this website. The content will hopefully inspire and teach with a deep understanding.
- Using AI to comprehend medical documents
- Uploading files to AWS S3 using Go
- Extracting and Parsing image EXIF data using Go
- Tagging & Indexing Digital Photographs
- Send SMS text messages using Go & Twillio
- Checking if Go program is running within Docker
- Port forwarding traffic with firewalld
- Upgrading Ubuntu Server to 20.04 Focal Fossa
- Port forwarding Windows RDP traffic via SSH
- Using Google Chrome’s Socks5 Proxy
- Using SQLite to generate test data
- Managing monitors using the XRANDR command on Linux
- Creating custom DNS entries within AWS VPC’s — setting up custom DHCP options to define new DNS servers that your servers inherit when launched within your VPC.
- Programmatically closing open files, Windows — how to close open files on a Windows server.
- Publishing a book with LaTex & LuLu — how I took existing articles and published them into an A4 book.
In February 2019, I started writing short stories while sat waiting to pick my sons up from swimming. I’ll be sharing a couple of this website shortly.
I’m budding cornet musician.
When not working I like to be outside doing something active. Anything from cycling to skiing, from climbing to rafting.